HOME > Certification > Management Systems Certification > ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management System
ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management System
ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management System was first launched in the Year 2011 and later revised in August 2018. ISO 50001 is designed to enable organizations (regardless of size and type) to establish the necessary systems and processes to improve energy performance in terms of energy efficiency, use, and consumption.
In Singapore, the National Environment Agency (NEA) has introduced mandatory energy management requirements for large energy users that consume more than 54TJ or 15 gigawatt-hours used per calendar year effective from 22 April 2013 under the Energy Conservation Act (ECA). Registered corporations will be required to implement the following energy management practices:
1. Appoint an energy manager
2. Monitor and report energy use and greenhouse gas emissions; and
3. Submit energy efficiency improvement plans
The regulations governing these requirements are:
• Energy Conservation (Registrable Corporations) Order 2013
• Energy Conservation (Energy Management Practices) Regulations 2013
• Energy Conservation (Composition of Offences) Regulations 2013
Note: Key changes to ISO 50001:2018 standard published on 20 August 2018
- Adoption of ISO’s requirements for management system standards – high-level structure, identical core text, and common terms and definitions to ensure a high level of compatibility with other management system standards
- Better integration with strategic management processes
- Clarification of language and document structure
- Stronger emphasis on the role of top management
- New definitions, including energy performance improvement
- Introduction of the concept of normalization of energy performance
indicators [EnPIS(s) and associated energy baselines [EnB(s)]
- Addition of details on energy data collection plan and related
SCS has obtained both SAC (Singapore Accreditation Council) and UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) accreditation for ISO 50001:2018.
Lastly, for more information on the transition process, please contact our Sales Department via phone at 6299 9001 ext 1 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.