We strive to protect the security of our website visitors. This strategy sets out how we will treat your data.
1. What kind of data do we gather?
The following types of personal data may be collected, stored and used by us:
- details about your computer and your visits to and usage of this website (including your IP address, geographical area, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views),
- information you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or requesting cost/service information (including name and contact details, organization details including location, scale, scope of operation and management system details),
- information you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email updates and/or newsletters (including name and contact information, organization details, including location, scale, scope of operation and management system details),
- any additional details you wish to give us.
A cookie is a piece of data sent from a web server to a web browser and stored there. When the browser requests a page from the server, the information is sent back to the server. This allows the web server to monitor and classify the web browser.
You can accept or reject cookies in most browsers. (In Internet Explorer, for example, you can reject all cookies by going to "Tools," "Internet Options," "Privacy" and using the slider to pick "Block all cookies"). However, this could negatively affect the accessibility of certain websites.
3. Making use of your contact information
Personal information submitted on this website will be used for the reasons stated in this privacy statement or in other related sections of the website.
We can use your personal details for the following purposes:
- Maintain the website,
- Personalize the website for a better browsing experience,
- Allow you to make use of the website's services,
- At your request, provide you with additional information/cost data about our services,
- Bring you general commercial messages (non-marketing),
- Give you email updates that you have requested,
- Send you marketing communications about our company [or the businesses of carefully chosen third parties] that we believe might be of interest to you by post or, if you have expressly agreed, by email or related technologies. (You can notify us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications.),
- Respond to enquiries and questions about the website raised by or about you,
- Publish and otherwise use personal information that you submit for publication on our website in compliance with the permission you give us.
We will not share your personal information with any third party for the purpose of direct marketing without your express permission.
Furthermore, we can disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law,
- in accordance with any legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings,
- in order to define, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information,
to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction)
- to any buyer (or potential buyer) of any company or commodity that we are (or are considering) selling.
We will not share your information with third parties unless otherwise stated in this privacy statement.
5. Data transfers between countries
The information you provide will be passed on to the Certification International representative office in your region. Some countries may lack data privacy regulations comparable to those in place in the European Economic Area (EEA).
You fully consent to such personal data transfers.
6. Security of your personal information
To avoid the deletion, misuse, or modification of your personal details, we will take appropriate technological and organizational measures.
The information you provide will be stored on our encrypted (password- and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic transfers between you and us will be secured [using SSL technology].
It is widely accepted that data transmitted over the Internet is potentially vulnerable and we cannot guarantee that data transmitted over the Internet is secure.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and user information. We will never ask you to disclose your password.
7. Policy changes
8. Your rights
You have the right to request any sensitive information we may have about you. Payment of a fee may be required in order to obtain such information. You can tell us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by sending us an email. (You may either directly commit in writing to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes or you will be given the opportunity to opt out of such use).
9. Websites operated by third parties
10. Correcting or updating personal data
Please let us know if any of the personal information we have about you needs to be changed or corrected.
11. Contact us
Please contact us at email@example.com
12. Data controller
You can reach our data controller responsible for the website using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org