SS ISO 22301:2019 - Business Continuity Management System
ISO 22301 certification provides organizations a formal business continuity guideline that will allow organizations to operate during and following a disruption. With ISO 22301, organizations are able to minimize the impact to critical business functions, ensuring that they are still able to deliver their services or recover promptly.
ISO 22301 certification is applicable to all companies across any industry, particularly for those organizations operating in critical sectors where the ability to operate without any delay is important.
Benefits of ISO 22301 certification
- BCMS enables organizations to assess the potential impacts of an operational disruption and to deploy effective BCPs and minimize the overall impact to the organization
- Provides organizations with a robust framework for developing effective incident response and recovery procedures to ensure quick recovery in the event of a disruption
- Effective BCM ensures continuity of critical services and reduce the risk of losses due to an incident or disaster
- Provides evidence that the organization has taken the necessary steps to comply with certain regulatory requirements
- Enable organizations to test, update, control and deploy effective BCPs
- Increase competitive advantage and corporate reputation
- With BCMS, organizations can identify potential inefficiencies that can be improved and helps the organization to reorganize to focus on its objectives
SCS was the first certification body to be accredited by
Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) to BCM SS 540:2008.
(Note: The entire Clause 8 has been re-structured to provide clearer understanding of the key requirements.)