ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management System Transition Program
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has officially published Energy Management System (ISO 50001:2018) on 21st August 2018. We would like to inform that the transition period from ISO 50001:2011 to ISO 50001:2018 is three years. However, due to COVID-19 pandemic, the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) has extended the transition deadline till 31st of January 2022. Therefore, as of the 1st February 2022, ISO 50001:2011 shall cease.
ISO 50001:2018 Transition Timeline
Main changes in ISO 50001:2018:
- A stronger emphasis on the responsibility of leadership
- Clarification of key concepts related to energy performance
- Improved compatibility with ISO 14001 and other ISO management system standards
- Improved sections on data collection and normalization
- The realignment of the content of the standard to the high-level structure
The transition to ISO 50001:2018 could take place during initial (new), surveillance, re-certification or non-routine audits. Therefore, we would advise you to make the necessary preparation to transit to ISO 50001:2018 as soon as possible, and to coincide with you upcoming surveillance or re-certification audit.
For more details on the transition, please do not hesitate to contact our Sales Department at 6299 9001 ext 1.