ISO 22301:2019 Business Continuity Management System Transition Program
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has officially published ISO 22301:2019 Business Continuity Management Systems – Requirements on 31 Oct 2019. The stipulated transition period for ISO 22301:2019 is three (3) years and, ISO 22301:2012 certifications shall cease by 31 Oct 2022.
Kindly note the transition to ISO 22301:2019 could take place during the routine audits (e.g. surveillance/ re-certification) or non-routine audits. As per the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) requirements, from 31 April 2021 onwards, only ISO 22301:2019 initial and re-certification audits will be accepted. Therefore, we would advise you to make the necessary preparation to migrate to ISO 22301:2019 as soon as possible, and to coincide with your upcoming surveillance or re-certification audit.
ISO 22301:2019 Transition Timeline
ISO 22301:2019 Key Changes
- No additional requirements/clause except enhancement on existing requirements, improved clarity, and to make it aligned with other standards with annex SL.
- Enhanced requirements include the following:
- Management of change (Clause 6.3)
- Business Continuity (BC) strategies and solutions (Clause 8.3)
- Enhancement of evaluation of BC documentations and capabilities (Clause 8.6)
(Note: The entire Clause 8 has been re-structured to provide clearer understanding of the key requirements.)