SS524:2014 - Quality Management for Bunker Supply Chain
The Singapore Standard for Quality Management for Bunker Supply Chain (QMBS) or SS 524:2014 is the first national quality management standard for the bunkering industry. It has been developed by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) and SPRING Singapore, in collaboration with experts from the industry. The SS 524 aims to establish an unbroken chain of control over the quality of bunker fuel supplied in the port.
SCS is the frontrunner and pioneer for Quality Management Bunkering System Certification (SS 524) for SAC accreditation. Spanning more than a decade, we have dedicated auditors with extensive experience in the marine industry including onboard vessels.
Transition to SS 524:2021
The Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) has officially published SS 524:2021 Specification for Quality Management for Bunker Supply Chain (QMBS) on 07 January 2022. The standard has been revised and updated to be aligned with the latest versions of SS 600 and SS 648. The key changes to SS 524:2021 are:
- Revision of terms and definition and overall SS 524 content to align to SS 648:2019 & SS 660:2020 and other relevant standards (SS 524 was previously referred to as SS 600)
- Updates in the procurement section (Clause 9) that covers the procurement process and verification of procured product to ensure better quality control
- Revision of the non-conformity and corrective action section (Clause 13) in relation to the contamination issues
- Inclusion of risk management (identify the type of risk in QMBS)
- Alignment of SS 524’s structure of management system to new ISO Annex L published in 2020
more information on the transition process, please contact our Sales